I have been meaning to write this post for a couple of months now, but I have not sat down long enough to get it done. I recently published an article with Apollon eJournal which I had been working on since the winter of 2010. In fact, my views and critical stance had changed so much that I significantly revised it past fall before publication. I wanted to supplement the article with this post because some of the materials I sent where simply too awkward to be included in the article proper. For one, I wanted to talk about what does not often get discussed with discussions of Docuscope and that is mainly the effect of the text itself upon the evaluative tool Docuscope is. I discussed most of this in my post here but I wanted to add the underlying structure of Docuscope itself.
I made a list of all of the LATs, Dimensions, and Clusters with their associated description provided in a (I believe) relatively difficult place to access. In fact, I believe I came across the text file on accident. Mainly, I cleaned that file up as a sort of ReadMe and added a little structure and whitespace. The pdf of that is here:
The article that I wrote is a sort of synthesis of my work with Docuscope up to the end of Prof. Witmore’s spring seminar and my class with Professor Robin Valenza the fall before in which I looked at a lot of reader-response theory. The article is available here with more related media:
Like I mentioned earlier, this post was intended to be more than it is but I have run out of time at the moment. Maybe I will come back to it later on.